Firstly please be assured that we take your privacy very seriously – and WON'T EVER sell on, rent or lease your details, including your email address to other organisations. That is the simple one line description of our policy, but the full details follow:
Who We Are
This website is run by and is part of the Moneymaximiser Ltd Group. MoneyMaximiser Limited, company number 6706021, is registered at 8, Market House, 19-21 Market Place, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 1AP. Our telephone number is 01183 218197. MoneyMaximiser Limited is the registered data controller, registration number Z1638204, and in future in this policy may be referred to as we, us or our. A full list of trading names and group companies is below. The following brands are part of our group:
|MoneyMaxim||Clarify Car Hire||Clarity Car Hire|
|CarHireX||7 Seater Car Hire||7 Seater Car Rental|
|8 Seater Car Hire||9 Seater Car Hire||Alquiler de Coches X|
|Barcelona Airport Car Hire||Bilbao Airport Car Rental||Bordeaux Car Hire|
|Car Hire Affiliate||Cheap Hire Cars||Gibraltar Airport Car Hire|
|Gibraltar Car Hire||Gibraltar Car Rental||Heathrow Airport Car Hire|
|Car Hire Holiday||Marseille Car Hire||Menorca Airport Car HIre|
|Sevilla Airport Car Hire||Seville Airport Car Rental||Ski Hire Europe|
|My Spain Car Hire||Car Hire Champion||Young Drivers Car Insurance|
Do not use our services if you do not accept this policy. If you have any queries please contact our Data Protection Manager at email@example.com
What information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our services either via our websites, mobile applications or through our telephone service. As examples we may collect your name, address, email address or telephone number. This might be, for example, to obtain comparative quotes for car, van or home insurance, car hire or financial services. As we do this we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, which website you visited us from, the pages you have viewed or details of the quotes you request. We do not store your financial information, such as credit card details, as we use secure providers such as Sagepay to manage credit or debit card transactions on our behalf.
It is your responsibility to check and ensure any information, content, material or data you provide to us is correct, complete, accurate and that you disclose all relevant details.
Our sites are not considered suitable for those under 16 so please ask your parent or guardian’s permission and guidance before you provide any personal information to us if you are under this age.
In order to monitor, enhance and improve our services we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the sites. This may result in us sharing your details under a contractual arrangement with a feedback collation partner such as Trustpilot. We may record or monitor telephone calls and electronic communications (including e-mails and chat conversations) in order to verify our dealing with you and to make sure we are meeting the standards we set.
How will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Enable you to use our services
- To communicate with you including to:
- a. Request prices and details of products so we can provide quotes for you.
- b. To send you an email, electronic message or SMS confirming the details of a quote.
- c. To allow us to ask our partners to prefill applications on your behalf. Where this is available we ensure any partner you visit has a contractual agreement with us so that they will not use your information for any reason other than preparing your quote.
- d. To allow us to ask partners to make bookings on your behalf. This in turn might mean that they share your details with other suppliers or franchisees in order to facilitate your reservation, such as transport partners. The partner or their suppliers or franchisees may process this information in accordance with the data protection laws of the country in which they are based.
- e. To process transactions you have requested from us or via us with a third party.
- f. Sending you information about services and products that might be relevant to you. We could do this if you have either asked us to do so, or if you have bought a product or service from us before the 25th May 2018.
- g. To send you annual renewal quotes or reminders based on information you have previously supplied to us.
- h. To enable us to track sales, ensuring they have been successfully completed. This means we may share details with the companies you have visited from our website, and the product provider might send us information they have relating to the purchase.
- i. To check the data we hold with other sources to enable us to check anomalies.
- j. To allow you to share part of our website with others (i.e. using ‘Share this’ functionality).
- k. To allow us to record or monitor telephone calls and electronic communications (including e-mails and chat conversations) in order to verify our dealing with you and to make sure we are meeting the standards we set.
All information, bookings, personal details, requests and credit card confirmations sent through our web site are processed via our secure server or that of our payment partners to protect your information. When entering personal information you can verify that your browser is using the secure server by looking for a small padlock icon in your browser window. If it is shown in the green or 'locked' position, your transaction is secure.
We also use data from Google or Microsoft Bing Analytics to analyse our website performance and to deliver advertisements based on our user's prior visits to our website. As an example, these might be tailored to the content of the page that the user has previously visited and possibly entered information (type of car, dates of visit, location etc.). The information is not personally identifiable and will be used to customise advertising by our company alone.
If you prefer to deactivate Google Analytics you can visit the Ads Preferences Manager or install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Why we process your personal information
We process your personal information on the following grounds, in accordance with data protection legislation.
Where you have requested we process your information – i.e.to get a quote or make a reservation.
This reason means that we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws the reasoning behind “legitimate interests” is that we would be able to justify the use of your data for reasons such as:
- to enable you to use our services by, for example, getting prices for services, policies and products on your behalf, processing transactions between you and a third party, prefilling information on third party websites and tracking sales. It is a necessary function of our website to provide the services to you;
- to communicate and inform you about the services we offer. This might be to send you a confirmation email of your quotes, or enable you to change a password. This does not include marketing communications unless you have given us your consent to send these to you.
- to improve services we offer. We may use your personal information to ask you for a review of how we have done, personalise the service in accordance with information you have given us, to undertake market research. We always want make our services better and easier to use and this enables us to do this.
- you can always object to our use of your data for legitimate interests including where we may use amalgamated, anonymised data which might include your data. We would never use such data in any way that any user of ours could be identified If you raise an objection we will remove your data and stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply. If we were to do this we would explain the reasons behind our decision. Please contact our Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to advise us of your request.
Who might we share your personal data with?
Other members of the Moneymaximiser Group
As detailed in the Who We Are section above
The Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
Our Service Providers
Who we engage for the provision of services including:
- LifeSearch – who will process your personal data to provide life and health insurance quotations, and to contact you in this respect
- London and Country Mortgages and Lloyds Bank PLC – who will process your personal data to provide mortgage quotations, and to contact you in this respect
- Academy Insurance – who will process your personal data to provide car insurance quotations, and to contact you in this respect
If you submit your driving licence number when obtaining a motor insurance quote or booking a car hire, it may be submitted to the DVLA MyLicence service to verify the status of your (or any named driver's) licence and entitlement along with any relevant restriction information, endorsement and/or conviction data. These may be undertaken either by us, or by the insurers or car hire firms you use. These driving licence searches may be made when you first use our Services and subsequently throughout the duration of your insurance policy. These searches will not show on your (or your named driver's) DVLA driving licence record. Carrying out these searches may help insurers to prevent fraud and reduce the need for insurers to cancel policies for negligent misrepresentation and non-disclosure of important information. For details of the information about you that the DVLA may hold, please see http://www.mylicence.org.uk/;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account
Our Channel Partners
Some of our services are provided for us by channel partners who help us provide our services. Other channel partners may provide us with your personal data as a service to us. In either instance we only process, share or use it in accordance with the section ‘How will we use your personal data?' and will use such data from companies who collect and process data in accordance with the law.
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account to:
- If required or permitted to do so by law, or where we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, when details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- If it is necessary to do so in relation to do so in relation to legal or potential legal action or proceedings.
- If required to do so by a court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency
- In relation to the sale or potential sale of our business, but then only then providing that the other party will either be based in the EU, and subject to European Data Protection legislation, party to the EU-US Privacy Shield or where we have written contracts in place agreeing that your information will be handled safely.
Who might our service providers, channel partners and companies they work with share information with?
Our service providers and channel partners may:
- Use your details to assess your situation in order they can provide suitable quotations to you. If you have provided details of a third party that may also include their details.
- Run quotation credit checks or fraud prevention checks with appropriate agencies. This will be seen by other organisations and agencies.
- Check the data you have provided against information they or members of their organisation already hold
- Check the details against industry databases such as the Motor Industry Anti-Fraud and Theft Register or the No Claims Discount Database.
- Share information with insurance underwriters.
- They may employ an affiliate company who tracks, on their behalf, users who transfer from our website to theirs, to enable them to identify which companies are introducing users and business to them.
Advertising displayed on our website or on third party websites
Advertising on our sites are provided by third party companies. We share no identifiable personal information about you with the advertisers, although it is possible that they either read or place a cookie on your browser to identify services you are interested in. You can block cookies (see the next paragraph) but in the absence of you doing so you are consenting to the use of third party cookies when you use our site.
If you would like more information about online advertisements and how you can manage how this information may be used by these companies, please click here http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
Our sites also use Display Advertising using Google Analytics which allows advertisements and remarketing to be delivered on other company’s websites which relate to searches or information accessed on our websites or mobile applications. Both our websites and third parties, including Google and Microsoft Bing, use first party cookies and third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve such advertisements. You can opt out of, or customise, these advertisements using the Google Ads Preferences Manager or Microsoft Marketing Preferences.
We use Google and Bing Analytics to review the way our users use our website, and to make it more effective. This means we do allow Google to place cookies on our user’s device, where permitted, to enable us to use these tools.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR offers you the following rights. We summarise these rights below, but more information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website
- The right to rectification – if any details are wrong we are happy to correct them. We will do so unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to ask for any of your personal data we hold to be erased. There are reasons why we might refuse such a request, but we will explain why if we did refuse.
- The right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances you can ask us restrict the way we use your data.
- The right to data portability – we will provide you data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- The right to object – if you object to the use of your data we will stop using it other than in specific circumstances which we would always explain to you.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – some of our systems do automated decision making – such as our comparison services. If you would like to understand the way our systems work and the logic applied.
Access to your information and correction
If we send you any email marketing communications we will include a link allowing you to unsubscribe. You can also do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can also ask us to stop contacting us by other means by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0800 520 0699.
If you wish to assert any rights under GDPR, would like to discuss any privacy issues or would like to complain please write to us at email@example.com.
If you are ever unhappy with the way we handle a complaint made relating to your personal information then you may be able to escalate your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office who regulate data protection in the UK.