Oslo Gardermoen Airport Car Hire
Car hire is readily available from Oslo Airport - and both cars and companies located there have a good reputation.
Other than those who are expecting to spend their holiday in the city centre most visitors to Oslo look to car hire to ensure they can have maximum flexibility to get out of the urban areas and around this fascinating country.
Top tips to remember when driving in and around Oslo
Low speed limits - and ultra low drink drive limits - just a quarter of the legal limit in the UK at 20mg/l. The penalties for breaking the drink drive limits are severe, including confiscation of your car and prison - so stay off the booze.
Keep your dipped headlights on whenever you drive.
A yellow diamond sign indicates that traffic from the right has right of way.
Winter or all-season tyres are a requirement through the winter months - but will be supplied automatically by your car hire firm.
Top Trips from Oslo Airport in your rental car
Road trips from Oslo are very popular - and you will have no lack of options or ideas whether you search online or visit the local tourist board.
Our favourites include:
Start with the short trip to Grefsenkollen
Its only around 20 minutes from the city in a rented car - and will help you get a great overview of Oslo. At 300 metres above sea level and affords some of the most panoramic views over the capital at any time of day. Whilst there pop into the famed Grefesnkollen Restaurant which has serving local residents and tourists alike for around 100 years. It's a great place for a cozy night out to two as well!
Visit the aptly named King’s View
Around an hour from Oslo - and you will be richly rewarded for your car hire trip when standing at the top of the King's View. The views are truly outstanding - even majestic!. Named after a visit by King Karl Johan in 1832 the peak is almost 500m above sea level, and you will see before you a fantastic vista of the lakes of Steinsfjorden and Tyrifjorden.
Another quick hop to the Bygdoy Peninsula
Only a 20 minute drive west of Oslo the Bygdoy Peninsula has a wide range of attractions, including the highly recommended Viking Ship Museum which houses a number of Viking ships, the Royal Manor which is a a 200-acre working farm and the Norwegian Maritime Museum. Whilst there take a detour to the local beaches and parks - especially if the weather is fine and you can take in a few rays!
Ideal for a days skiing - or just a fab day out - Holmenkollen
Onlu 25 minutes drive from Oslo Holmenkollen is a busy ski resort and home yo the massive Holmenkollen Ski Jump – terrify yourself by taking a trip to the observation platform - and you will also be rewarded by some of the best views of Oslo and the surrounding fjords. If you do want to sample the jump without risking life and limb there is a virtual simulator on offer.
Thrills and spills at Vinterbro
For something totally different - and for a trip that will delight the younger members of the party try the TusenFryd Family Park in Vinterbro, 30 minutes from Oslo. With intense rides such as the SpinSpider and SpeedMonster Tusenfryd is Norways largest theme park. You also get free entry to the slightly (but not totally) more sedate BadeFryd water park.
Image courtesy of Azchael
Oslo Gardermoen Airport
EDVARD MUNCHS VEG
Enterprise Car Hire are the business branch of the Alamo and Enterprise brand. Customers experience high-quality service, with a reasonable range of newer vehicles for a slightly more premium price than Alamo. Enterprise Car Hire often operate from inside airport terminals making it convenient for corporate customers and families alike to reach the hire desks.
The car hire desk is located within the airport terminal. Please follow signs for the car rental area and here you will find the Enterprise desk.
Arrival AFTER HOURS:
- After exiting the baggage claim, turn left and continue straight and the office will be in front of you. The key box is located on the wall, next to the service window.
- Please follow the instructions emailed prior or stated on the key box to get your key.
- WiFi/data is needed to access the rental key provided during After Hours reservation. If you cannot access WIFI/data, have any issues, or need assistance, please contact 24-hour helpline who will help you.
- When you have collected your key, go back to your right down the corridor and the exit will be on your left. When outside, follow the road to the right, and at the end turn left. You will find the parking area straight ahead. Look for the flag at the centre of the parking area, branded Enterprise/Alamo/National.
- Your vehicle has been checked for damages and if any, they are marked on your rental agreement, received on email after signing the agreement. Please take time to walk-around your vehicle before leaving the parking garage, if you notice a new damage take a picture/video with time/date and contact the branch as soon as possible during working hours to inform us of the new damage.
- The exit is located at the end, furthest away from the airport
Return AFTER HOURS:
- Follow the signs to ‘Rental Car’. Entering the parking area, look for the flag marked with Alamo/Enterprise/National. Park your vehicle on an available stall marked for Alamo/Enterprise/National.
- Follow the road to the terminal and you will find the rental car area just inside the terminal.
- To drop of your key, please use the drop box on the wall to the right of the service window.
- Follow the instructions on the display and enter the plate number on the key tag (i.e. UF12345) and your phone number. A slot will open, place the key inside and close the slot firmly. If any issues or assistance needed, please contact 24-hour helpline who will guide you.
- The final invoice will be sent to your email within 72 hours.
Important information: To provide convenience to travellers we provide 24/7 returns. Please note, outside business hours, depositing the keys in the drop box does not constitute the end of the rental. You remain liable for any damages until an Alamo/National/Enterprise employee takes possession of the vehicle and keys when the rental branch opens the following working day.