Explore exotic islands with Caribbean car hire
A car rental in Barbados will help you create more memories
Barbados with its sparkling blue seas, powdery beaches and long sunny days is understandably a very appealing holiday destination. However, there is considerably more to this wonderful island than just the magnificent beaches. With car rental in Barbados all the many attractions of the island will be within reach.
At Clarify Car Hire, as well as car hire in Barbados, we also offer car rentals in several of the other Caribbean islands including Antigua, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago. But why be restricted to just one part of the island? With car rental in the Caribbean the whole of your holiday island is opened up to you.
Why hire a car in Barbados?
- Driving a car hire in Barbados can really help you enjoy your time on this fabulous island.
- With your own car you will not have to wait for either your tour group or for a bus!
- Travel where you want, when you want.
- Buses can get very crowded particularly at rush hour.
- The island is only 34km long and 23km wide so with a car you can get anywhere on the island.
- Experience the thrills of water sports on Silver Rock Beach one end of Barbados then - just over an hour later - you could be captivated by the beautiful Animal Flower Cave at the other end.
How easy is it to hire a car in Barbados?
- UK drivers may find driving in Barbados a little easier than visitors from some other countries as here they also drive on the left.
- You can choose to pick your car up at the airport or have it delivered to your hotel – Clarify Car Hire offer a number of pick up locations on the island.
- There are car hire companies based at the cruise terminals so if you are arriving by boat, you can save on precious time.
- As well as a valid driver’s licence and the required number of years driving experience you will also need a local driving permit. These can be sorted by your car hire company. They cost just $5 to last 2 months.
- SUVs are a popular choice for getting around because of the terrain. This type of car is widely available.
- All hire cars are indicated by an H on the licence plate. Locals are usually very patient if they know you are in a hired car.
Tips for driving a rental car in Barbados
- Signposting is not always reliable. With access to Google maps you can keep track of where you are and where you want to be or alternatively add a GPS to your booking through Clarify Car Hire
- Even on the main roads you may notice potholes. Consider further insurance to cover you for damage to your car – many car hires come without cover for the tyres and windows. With Clarify Car Hire we offer different options for additional insurance – both through the car hire company and an independent reimbursement policy.
- Be on the alert. With few pavements, you may find pedestrians walking in the road. Away from the cities there can be animals too.
- On-street parking can be very tight and there are restrictions. It is recommended to use outside parking lots or indoor parking garages.
- The speed limits are in kilometres per hour not miles!
- Drive safely. Never stop for someone flagging you down and do not pick up hitchhikers.
At Clarify Car Hire we provide a start to finish service with your car hire. If you need help with your booking call us on 0330 222 0369. We also provide an emergency out of hours support number when you book a car through us so we are never far away!
We show you what you can fit in terms of luggage in your hire car depending on the category you go for
We explain why a trip to Iceland should definitely be on the cards for you!
We share our favourite beach towns across the European continent and why they rank so highly
We let you in on the most common mistakes made by customers when hiring their car and how you can avoid them
We've rounded up three of our top destinations in Croatia to visit, there's no lack of things to do in this wonderful country
We explain what's going on with car hire this summer and we share our biggest tip
We explain how car hire in the USA works and what you can expect
We show you what the beautiful region of Scandinavia has to offer and why it's well worth considering for a trip
We explain how you can create a car hire that includes everything you need it to by using Clarify Car Hire
With Clarify Car Hire it couldn’t be simpler to sort out a transponder for your hire car in Portugal