Why book off-airport car hire?
Away from the bustle of the airport you can have a positive car rental experience
What is meant by ‘off-airport’ car hire?
Many rental firms have desks within the airport terminal and their cars may be parked in garages a short walk from the terminal building. Other rental firms choose to have their offices and cars a short drive from the airport grounds and these are known as ‘off-airport’ rental companies.
What are the advantages of booking an off-airport car hire?
- Price - Often car hire booked ‘off-airport’ is cheaper. Car rental firms can pay millions each year for the privilege of having a counter in the terminal and their cars at the airport. If the company saves on their costs they can pass those on to their customers.
- Driving - It can be fairly daunting driving an unfamiliar car for the first time. When you collect a car from an ‘off-airport’ location, the roads tend to be quieter and you don’t have to navigate your way through a possibly more complicated airport road network.
- Comfort - After a flight many people are tired and young children can particularly get grizzly after a long journey. Off airport rental suites usually have toilet facilities, air conditioning, plenty of seats and machines where you can purchase drinks or snacks.
- Speed - Yes you may have a short shuttle bus journey to get to the counter but it is free and once there the wait is frequently not as long. At the airport counters there will be customers who haven’t pre-booked who can take longer to process. This is rarer at the off-airport locations.
How can Clarify Car Hire help with choosing off-airport car rental?
- Our handy filter system means it is simple to choose between on- and off-airport car hire
- We supply all the information regarding the rental firm and transfer details so you can make an informed choice when booking.
- Once you have booked, all the details you need are on your voucher. These include where the bus stop is and the telephone number for your car hire desk. If you have any issues when you arrive, they can help.
Off Airport Top Tips
- Shuttle buses from the airport to your rental usually operate on a very regular basis and companies often also suggest calling them when you land so that they know you will be waiting. This is a great idea especially if you are arriving out of peak hours.
- Leave plenty of time when you return to drop your car back and get back to the airport in time for your flight. You should leave enough time for filling up with fuel, checking your car over for damage and making sure all your belongings have been removed from inside.
- If you are going to be late, call the car hire firm. If you are at the airport and they announce that your flight is delayed, call them immediately. Don’t wait until you land.
In recent years, Centauro Rent a Car have expanded across Europe, we look at what makes them stand out from the rest of the market
We are now offering car rental in the United Arab Emirates
If you rent a car in Faro you will now be less likely to face fines for using a toll road
We've added more car hire companies to our range in Australia to offer you a greater choice and some of our best deals for your holiday rental
Can I rent a car without a credit card? We explain how easy it is to hire a car with a debit card.
Hire a 4x4 car for your next holiday to arrive at your destination in comfort
What will I need to pay when I arrive at the car hire desk?
Fantastic Deals on Airport Car Rentals for our Top 6 Ski Resorts
Use our unique winter tyres filter to ensure your rental car is ready for the icy roads
Add car hire in Madeira to your holiday plans and explore this jewel of an island